The Donald J. Trump Foundation is being ordered to cease its activities in New York state by Attorney General Eric Schneiderman.

The charity was not properly registered under state law to conduct its activities and solicit donations, according to Schneiderman’s office.

“The Trump Foundation must immediately cease soliciting contributions or engaging in any other fund-raising activities in New York,” wrote James Sheehan, head of the NYS Attorney General’s Office Charities Bureau, in a letter sent Friday and released Monday.

Crackdown Ny Hits Brakes On Trump Foundation

 

Comments about this news :

And more importantly, there will be an audit of the foundation’s finances covering the past 8 years in which he contributed nothing but solicited donations. Don’t think it will be possible to back date all those checks to cover all the charities he has bragged about supporting but could never prove he actually gave anything.

What I hate is that this makes almost no dent in his supporters. They are locked in and they assume anything bad about Trump is a lie or a conspiracy. He is locked into about 40% of the vote. I oonly can hope the remaining 60% of voters are both sane and get out to vote

Yikes…This is the kind of thing an experienced politician would have known about. I know this guy gets a lot of traction on being the “outsider” but effective politics does depend greatly on one’s ability to draw from an existing body of experience. Politicians build up an immunity to this kind of mistake because they’re exposed to them at a level lower than the national stage early on in their careers.

In my lifetime, the taxes I’ve paid in to support my government could have paid off my student loan debt and bought me a home to live in comfortably for the rest of my life. Trump is a born con man.. a flim flam man who happened to have a father who had a fortune.. his ‘foundation’ is a front that has allowed him to perpetuate his con.. Meantime, I continue to pay my taxes like I was taught I was supposed to

How about we stop all this false equivalency crap about the Clinton Foundation. The Clinton Foundation has been declared an A rated charity by several independent agencies that monitor charities. They are completely transparent on all their donors and have helped many thousands of people worldwide. Trump Foundation is none of those things, and apparently nothing more than a personal slush fund to benefit Trump and his businesses and shelter income. Just another con. Wake up people.

Hopefully this “clerical error” will lead to a full investigation of what he’s actually done with the money he’s collected from people in the name of charity. Paying off legal fees, commissioning portraits of himself…Dare we say “lock him up?”

Comments

comments