Article audio is made possible by CAST11 Prescott Podcast Network. A Talking Glass Media production.
The Olsen family values the Healthy Animal Lifestyle and would like to support area High School Seniors that are currently and in the future plan to include animals in their lifestyle.
The Olsen Family is devoted to giving animals the healthy lives they deserve. Their team is also devoted to supporting the community and encouraging youth to see how animals can enrich their lives. Each year, Olsen’s awards scholarships to local high school seniors who imbue the same values and want to support a lifestyle that includes animals!
These scholarships are valued up to $1000 and are awarded to seniors in the Quad-City, Flagstaff, and Verde Valley areas.
Applications are available online: https://www.olsensgrain.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/Scholarship-Application-2023.pdf
Olsen’s Healthy Animal Lifestyle Scholarship Application Criteria
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for Olsen’s Scholarship Awards:
- Applicant must be a graduating senior in the Prescott quad city, Verde Valley, or Flagstaff areas.
- Applicant must have a GPA of 2.5 or better.
- Applicant must be planning to further their education after graduation, and they must be attending college or technical school full-time.* (12 credit hours per semester is the standard used by all colleges to define “full time.”)
- Animal owner or active in the care or business of animal care.
- Plans for a future in animal ownership or career.
Instructions for Applying for Olsen’s Healthy Animal Lifestyle Scholarship:
- Applicant will find the application at olsensgrain.com
- Application must be typed or completed in Microsoft Word and printed.
- Responses may exceed the space provided on the original application.
- Neatness, grammar, and spelling will be considered.
- Attach two (2) signed and sealed letters of recommendation. One must be from a current educator. The second one from an adult member of the community other than a family member.
- Attach an original signed and officially sealed high school transcript. Obtain from counselor’s office.
- The completed application and supporting materials must be turned in as one complete packet.
Mail completed application packet to:
Olsen’s Scholarship Committee
346 S Hwy 89
Chino Valley, AZ 86323
- Deadline: Applications must be postmarked by March 17, 2023. No late applications will be considered.
- Scholarships will be awarded at the End of the Year Awards programs.
- Before any scholarships can be released, proof of full-time enrollment must be provided. This is available through the School Registrar’s Office, usually in late August.